Jim Leonard stated:

>It certainly worked for the Atari Jaguar.  Emulators and homebrew games were
>impossible until somebody cleverly broke the encryption using jaglink'd
>development systems running a brute-force technique.  It took almost 9 months,
>if memory serves.  (Ironically, the Jaguar rights were released to the public
>shortly thereafter :)

Perhaps my memory is faulty, but the way I remember it, Hasbro
announced that the Jaguar was an open console (meaning anyone could
develop games for it), but didn't have (or didn't know where to find)
the encryption algorithm.  This made their statement practically
meaningless at the time.

I also seem to recall 4-Play's web page up with a countdown to when
the brute force method would be done.  And when the time was up, they
still hadn't made an announcement.

--
Lee K. Seitz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]