On 6/27/06, daniel fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Steve Webster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (on Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:32:46 +0100):
>
>   > >  * i've started a rewrite of the core SWF-read/write functionality of
>   > > swfmill- in haXe/neko. the project is (currently) called "hxswf".
>   >
>   > Interesting. I saw you mentioned this on the xinf list. Is this code
>   > available somewhere.
>
> not yet, i'll publish on this list once it does something :)

Cool!

> just for some internals, i decided to use a neko-C helper library to do the
> bitstream reading/writing- the classes for SWF Tags are haXe, though.

That probably makes sense. Is haXe even low-level enough to allow bit
manipulation et al?

> let me know when you consider f8 support "done enough"-- maybe even if it's
> not complete we should do a proper release one of these days-- there's so
> many fixes and enhancements in the pre's already :)

Yeah, will do. I think once filter support is done (I've got a bug at
the moment where it's writing too many / not enough bytes and I need
to spend some time figuring out why) then we can do a proper release.

Steve

--
Steve Webster
http://dynamicflash.com