"Steve Webster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (on Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:51:57 +0100):

  > > just for some internals, i decided to use a neko-C helper library to do
the bitstream reading/writing- the classes for SWF Tags are haXe, though.

  > That probably makes sense. Is haXe even low-level enough to allow bit
  > manipulation et al?

well, at least neko is :). it would probably work in pure haxe- but i would
have to write IEEE floats and doubles by hand or something, and haxe has
somewhat of a "quirk" with integers (they're all signed 31bit).

i thought about doing a proper ANSI-C "libswf", but decided against it (at
least for now), for intuitive reasons :)

  > I think once filter support is done (I've got a bug at
  > the moment where it's writing too many / not enough bytes and I need
  > to spend some time figuring out why) then we can do a proper release.

Cool. And good luck (or whatever a writer needs) for your book.

-dan

--
http://0xDF.com/
http://iterative.org/