Well, we will always have this problem: If you want a lot of options, you
need a way to configure it.
IMHO symfony is great cause always on possible it uses arrays, so you don't
need a lot of in line parameters. But indeed, sometimes it get a bit boring.
But, it saves a lot of time.

For instance: make a field accept image upload takes less than 5 minutes,
including the thumbnail generation

--
Sidney G B Ferreira
Desenvolvedor Web