On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Pierre Raybaut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  FYI, SymPy 0.5.14 is included in Python(x,y) 1.1.4, the Python/Eclipse
>  distribution :
>  http://www.pythonxy.com/download.php
>
>  In this last release, you can also launch easily an interactive
>  console from the Python(x,y) launcher (a new GUI which collect all the
>  useful shortcuts for Python development). This may be useful for the
>  issues you mentioned in this post:
>  http://groups.google.com/group/sympy/browse_thread/thread/8a418c0522b7e4a3

Thanks a lot!

I uninstalled the old python(x,y) -- I just clicked on the installer
and clicked uninstall. It seems everything was removed. Then
I installed the new python(x,y), but for some reason, it didn't add
any menuitems, so it's difficult to launch things.

I think what I'll do is that I simply reinstall windows in my
virtualbox -- unfortunately I deleted the clean install snapshot by
accident -- and start from scratch. BTW, I am really pity for all the
windows users -- you install and uninstall by using the default way
(am I doing it correctly?) and it doesn't work, without manually
fiddling around. In Debian I am used to that if some package is
broken, I simply purge it and my system is clean again.

Ondrej