On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 07:32:46AM -0700, Pierre Raybaut wrote:

> > >  In this last release, you can also launch easily an interactive
> > >  console from the Python(x,y) launcher (a new GUI which collect all the
> > >  useful shortcuts for Python development).

i think it would be nice if you included also a standard menu. First it
would confuse users less, and second one of the big principles of
usability is to minimize the operations required to complete a task. If
for example I want to launch sympy to do a few calculations, I don't want
to have to start an intermediate application. It requires more clicks,
and it is likely that the program will take more time to launch than
opening a menu (its probably quick, but suppose your system is under
heavy IO load, just the time to fetch the exectuable from the disk is non
negligeable).

My 2 cents,

Gaël