On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Ondrej Certik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <SNIP>

Hi Ondrej,

> I think what I'll do is that I simply reinstall windows in my
> virtualbox -- unfortunately I deleted the clean install snapshot by
> accident -- and start from scratch. BTW, I am really pity for all the
> windows users -- you install and uninstall by using the default way
> (am I doing it correctly?) and it doesn't work, without manually
> fiddling around. In Debian I am used to that if some package is
> broken, I simply purge it and my system is clean again.

The failure of the python(x,y) installer has *nothing* to do with Windows,
but everything with the python(x,y) installer itself. So let's put blame
where blame is due and not fall into the "it's Microsoft's fault because the
application did something stupid" mode. Windows certainly has its flaws, but
let's be fair here. :)

> Ondrej

Cheers,

Michael