On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Ondrej Certik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Michael Abshoff
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Ondrej Certik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > >

> > > <SNIP>
> > >

> > Hi Ondrej,
> >

> > > I think what I'll do is that I simply reinstall windows in my
> > > virtualbox -- unfortunately I deleted the clean install snapshot by
> > > accident -- and start from scratch. BTW, I am really pity for all the
> > > windows users -- you install and uninstall by using the default way
> > > (am I doing it correctly?) and it doesn't work, without manually
> > > fiddling around. In Debian I am used to that if some package is
> > > broken, I simply purge it and my system is clean again.
> > >

> > The failure of the python(x,y) installer has *nothing* to do with
> Windows,
> > but everything with the python(x,y) installer itself. So let's put blame
> > where blame is due and not fall into the "it's Microsoft's fault because
> the
> > application did something stupid" mode. Windows certainly has its flaws,
> but
> > let's be fair here. :)

Hi,

> Well, in my case, most of my problems with software is between the
> keyboard and the monitor.

:)

> But definitely I can see some difference
> between doing things the default way.

Well, there certainly is, but that goes both ways. When I used dpkg the
first time over a decade ago I also did more than my fair sure of stupid
things.

> BTW, I have said nothing against
> Microsoft, in fact I like that they are financing the Sage port, I
> find it very cool.

Yes, I am well aware of that, we have talked about this and other topics
often enough that I am fairly sure you meant what you say. Maybe I just
slightly misunderstood your tone and you certainly didn't write "Microsoft"
but "Windows". I guess in the end there was no harm done and we both move
with life ;)

Ondrej

Cheers,

Michael