> How do I push my repositiory on github.com (the instructions there were

You create an account at:

https://github.com/

and you need to upload your ssh key in

https://github.com/account

click "add another public key" (you only need to to this once).

Then you click "(create a new one)" (next to Your Repositories) and
you follow the instructions, e.g. you name it (you can leave the other
fields empty), hit Create Repository and then it tells you the exact
commands to execute in order to upload your repository.

> not clear).  Also how do I clean out my git depository of things you
> don't need (that is things you could generate with make html from the
> source) before I push it.  It don't want to send more than I have to.

You only send what you added to your repository using "git add", so
unless you added everything (including the html output), you are fine.
If you did add everything, then you need to use "git rebase -i" and
rewrite the history to remove the unwanted things. I can do that for
you, if it's too dificult --- just push everything you have to github,
I'll have a look at it.

Ondrej