On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 15:18, flyeng4 <flye...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In [40]: 1/s
> Out[40]: 1/s <-- Makes sense but might be 'hz'?

You need to be careful with that. Hz specifically means "cycles per
second", which is not always the same thing as 1/s. In particular,
angular frequencies are also measured in 1/s (technically radians/s
but radians are a ratio of distances and so are "unitless" by the
usual logic), but they differ from Hz by a factor of 2*pi. Sadly,
units are not the most rigorous of mathematical constructs.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco