On Apr 8, 2009, at 2:30 AM, Ryan James wrote:

> one weird thing is that A is a base unit, while C is derived.  so when
> it prints everything as SI base units, A is correct, not C/s.

This is weird to most people when they first see it, but it is true
that A, not C, is the base unit relating to electromagnetism in the SI
system.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SI_base_unit.  I have
forgotten why exactly this is.  I think it has something to do with
working nicer with Maxwell's equations or something.

Aaron