On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Fredrik Johansson <
fredrik.johans...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The simplest workaround would be to recognize simpler forms for units
> at the pretty-printing stage.

For my particular application I need a simpler 'pretty form'.  I am trying
to do something similar to the way Mathcad handles units.  I do all my
calculations at work with a python pre-parser to LaTeX that finds all the
python code in a LaTeX document, executes it, and then tries to
intellegently replace the code with an equation, figure, or whatever the
block of code might represent.  It's pretty slick (and it keeps me from
using Mathcad or Excel) except I need someway to attach units to my
calculations for better documentation (i.e. I need to know if a moment on a
beam I am sizing is in ft-lbs or N-m).   Do you have a suggestion on the
best way to approach this?  A specific example, how could I get V from
sympy.units.A*sympy.units.ohm if that is really what I wanted?

In short, what would be the best way to recognize m**2*kg/(A*s**3) as V, and
do you have any thoughts on a printer method to do this?