Aaron S. Meurer wrote:
> Do you think we would need to run a configure [0] script for this?  I
> am not highly familiar with this, but it seems that any time I
> download come C that needs to be compiled (i.e., an open source
> software package), it uses configure and make to ensure that it
> compiles correctly on my machine.  It checks for, among other things,
> a gcc install.  But it is also possible that that we would strictly
> use ANSI C and wouldn't need to worry about it.  For example, would
> all the math functions used here be guaranteed to work with any gcc
> install?
>
> Or is this maybe too much work?  Perhaps it would be better to just
> attempt compiling and if it fails, then I guess you can't run that
> test on that machine.

I will just test if the 'cc' binary works in the sense that it must be able to
compile and run a very basic test program. On most systems cc is a symlink to
the default C compiler. I will also stick to ANSI C code for now.

begin:vcard
fn:Toon Verstraelen
n:Verstraelen;Toon
org:Ghent University;Center for Molecular Modeling
adr:;;Proeftuinstraat 86;Ghent;;9000;Belgium
email;internet:toon.verstrae...@ugent.be
title:ir.
tel;work:+32 (0) 9 264 65 56
tel;home:+32 (0) 9 351 56 05