Hi,

I've been thinking about applying for GSoC and working on a Cython core. I'm
assuming that it would be an optional thing? So, there would be two cores, an
optimized one that's done in Cython and a pure Python one for when Cython isn't
available.

Is the idea to update and clean up sympyx and properly integrate it into sympy?

On a development note, is there a good way to have a separate python and
packages (e.g., a sympy fork and cython) so I don't mess up my system python?
I'm working on OS X, but I could install a Linux VM in Virtualbox (if so, which
Linux?).

Cheers,

Tim.

---
Tim Lahey
PhD Candidate, Systems Design Engineering
University of Waterloo
http://about.me/tjlahey