Hi Ronan,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Ronan Lamy <ronan.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le mardi 05 avril 2011 à 21:06 -0600, Aaron S. Meurer a écrit :

>> > Yes, as long as we do a proper review and fix everything before the
>> > merge. On the other hand, if we didn't commit ourselves to releasing
>> > with all of polys12, we could create a release branch real soon and
>> > merge polys12 immediately after. That way, we'd be able to release
>> > faster and, probably, to assimilate the changes from polys12 faster.
>> >

>> Well, let's work on both.  I suspect we will have polys12 ready to go
>>  in (in the form of p12) sooner than we will be ready to release. Also,
>>  unless anyone (you?) is volunteering, it is me who is going to be
>>  doing the release, which means that it will happen as I have time to
>>  get things done for it.
>
> Well, I would volunteer if I were sure to have enough time to manage the
> release. But I'm not, so I'm not volunteering yet. Anybody else?
>
> To get p12 ready for merging, we should freeze it (i.e. stop rebasing
> and assume that every commit in it will end up in master's history) as
> soon as we're sure that there are no broken commits. That will make it
> easier to review it (commenting on individual commits is useless if
> there are further rebases) and to merge bits of it into master, thus
> reducing the diff.
> We should also consider how to handle further commits to p12. I suppose
> the simplest way is if Chris can continue acting as caretaker of the
> branch. We could then all send pull requests to him until the merge.

I don't think we should merge things into master, if it means making
it more difficult to merge the branch. We should do whatever it takes
to get this in, using our manpower.

Given that besides Aaron and me, nobody else volunteered to do the
release, given our current manpower I think we should merge this in
(without cherry picking), and then release. Of course, Aaron should
have the last word on this.

Ondrej