Le jeudi 07 avril 2011 à 10:03 +0545, Chris Smith a écrit :
> > and assume that every commit in it will end up in master's history) as
> > soon as we're sure that there are no broken commits. That will make it
> > easier to review it (commenting on individual commits is useless if
> > there are further rebases) and to merge bits of it into master, thus
> > reducing the diff.
>
> By what criteria will you consider a commit broken?

If sympy doesn't import on some platform (though we can probably live
with an import failure that affects only Python 2.4).

It would be nice to check also that there are no major test failures (I
mean things like 'x+1' or 'Poly(x, x)' raising an error), but that's
probably already too hard to check on every commit.

> > We should also consider how to handle further commits to p12. I
> > suppose
> > the simplest way is if Chris can continue acting as caretaker of the
> > branch. We could then all send pull requests to him until the merge.
>
> That's fine with me. Cherry picking from a branch for which a pull
>  request is made is not too difficult.

Thanks! You don't necessarily have to cherry-pick everything that's
pushed into master, it might be easier to merge from master from time to
time.