Hi,

I don't know am I qualified enough or not, but I would like to help in
reviewing pull request. I can help with code, documentation, testing for
sure. But I will be engaged between 16th Nov to 10th Dec. Other than that
period, I am more than happy to help.

- Hector

2011/10/23 Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.cer...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Google has invited us to participate in Google Code-In [0], which is a
> > contest that runs from November 21 to January 16 for pre-university
> > students aged 13-17.  I think we should participate, but only if
> > enough people are willing to help.  This is a lot different from
> > Google Summer of Code.  For this program, we would have to create
> > several "tasks", which are then completed by the students. The tasks
> > should be relatively small, independent activities.  This can include
> > things like fixing documentation and writing tests, or just fixing
> > some issue in the issue tracker.  See [1] for more information.
> >
> > Since this is a contest to complete the most tasks, we need to have a
> > high turnaround rate on the review of the tasks.  According to [1],
> > the rate should be no more than 36 hours per task.  This means that if
> > we participate, we will have to have enough people wiling to help
> > review pull requests so that we can achieve this over the entire
> > coding period.  There is no specific person-to-person mentoring like
> > with GSoC.  Rather, we as a community pass or fail each task.
> >
> > Also, we would need to come up with a list of tasks, but this would
> > not be too hard.  We would just create a label in the issue tracker,
> > and mark any good issues with that label, and also create new issues
> > for other ideas.
> >
> > Finally, I want to remind that these are younger students than were in
> > GSoC.  They will need more hand holding, and the quality of their work
> > will be much less (and sometimes, it will have to be rejected
> > outright, but remember that unlike GSoC, this is a contest).
> >
> > So would enough people be willing to help out with this?  GSoC
> > students, this is a good chance to take your knowledge of SymPy and
> > apply it to others.  I recommend everyone read through [1] to get a
> > better idea about this program. If you can or can't contribute, it
> > would be great if you could let me know soon, as the deadline to apply
> > is November 1.  Especially for the core developers, if you think you
> > won't have time to help out much, if you could let me know, that would
> > be great, so I could judge our potential manpower.
>
> Aaron, Mateusz and I are now at the Google Mentor Summit, and we all
> agreed to go for it.
>
> We can use our github pull requests for the review, so we just need to
> finish our review web app (http://reviews.sympy.org/) to run tests
> automatically for each pull request, and we should be just fine.
>
> Would anyone be willing to help out with the reviews? In the
> application we need to write how many mentors we have available.
>
> Ondrej

-Regards
Hector

Whenever you think you can or you can't, in either way you are right.