Hi,

Some of you know me as I have a few minor contributions to sympy and I
helped a bit with GCI. I would like to know whether it is possible for
me to apply for a GSoC project this year?

About the project I have in mind: It is the tensor module. It is quite
bare-bones at the moment. I would like to make sufficiently general to
be useful in (for example):
- Einstein equations in general relativity
- Integrating Feynman diagrams (it has to do with a tensor product of
the space of Lorenz and the space of Dirac)
- nonlinear optics, linear elasticity, fluid mechanics, etc

The first two of those will be directly useful for me.
There is a package for Mathematica (called Ricci) that may serve as an
example but I have just started looking at it. I've also checked the
related issues in the issue tracker.

And about eligibility for the GSoC: I am still a student (4th year
physics in France).

So if you are interested I can prepare a more in-depth presentation of
the potential project.

Stefan