On Thursday, 1 March 2012 01:29:37 UTC+5:30, scolobb wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Abhi <mrman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >            I have been getting acquainted to sympy a few days (may be
> > a week). I trying to understand things in mathematical module. As
> > Aaron said things are being duplicated, I thought that Sympy should
> > have a working tool , just more than a document describing it. The
> > idea is to get developers get acquainted to sympy very easily and
> > quickly. By this interface, the developer may learn things in sympy
> > pretty quickly, i guess. If you guys like it, lemme know. Im gonna
> > post some sample screenshots of that interface.
>
> Well, I guess you will have to post screenshots of that interface
> anyway, so that people can throw a look at it and form some initial
> opinion.
>
> Note that there already are some nice consoles for Python (like
> IPython), which provide a great deal of functionality, so you may want
> to give them a bit of attention.  I think some of these consoles have
> been recently mentioned on this list.  Also, I think you should take
> live.sympy.org into considerations, since it already provides a very
> clear and concise interface.
>
> If you happen to be coding in Qt, you may consider building a mobile
> version of your interface so that it can be used on Qt-enabled
> devices.  Or else, you may just consider developing a SymPy app for
> any of the mobile platforms.
>
> Please don't treat this as a discouragement from your current course
> of actions :-) I'm just sketching some possible directions, and I may
> well be off-topic :-)
>
> Sergiu

On Thursday, 1 March 2012 01:29:37 UTC+5:30, scolobb wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Abhi <mrman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >            I have been getting acquainted to sympy a few days (may be
> > a week). I trying to understand things in mathematical module. As
> > Aaron said things are being duplicated, I thought that Sympy should
> > have a working tool , just more than a document describing it. The
> > idea is to get developers get acquainted to sympy very easily and
> > quickly. By this interface, the developer may learn things in sympy
> > pretty quickly, i guess. If you guys like it, lemme know. Im gonna
> > post some sample screenshots of that interface.
>
> Well, I guess you will have to post screenshots of that interface
> anyway, so that people can throw a look at it and form some initial
> opinion.
>
> Note that there already are some nice consoles for Python (like
> IPython), which provide a great deal of functionality, so you may want
> to give them a bit of attention.  I think some of these consoles have
> been recently mentioned on this list.  Also, I think you should take
> live.sympy.org into considerations, since it already provides a very
> clear and concise interface.
>
> If you happen to be coding in Qt, you may consider building a mobile
> [...]

Hello,
                              Its about the interface i have been thinking
about. I also had a study on live.sympy.org , it looks fabulous. Although i
was thinking of a whole new different guide like thing for sympy users. We
can think of it as "SYMPY QUICK GUIDE" for getting acquainted to Sympy
quickly. I think it is quick because the interface look is aimed straight
forward at sympy code(different modules ). We could include all the modules
created by sympy developers and make it as a guide , easy to familiar
quickly. The documentation is a well structured definition of code
available. As the code keeps on increasing it might take time to get
familiar with the code of sympy. Anyways i will be adding the screen
shots in a while or so. I hope you like it. See you guys soon with screen
shots. Mail me your views guys.

                                        Regards,

  Abhi