Hi all, I am interested in participating in Gsoc and I would like to know
if this could be a good project for sympy.

As you know the concept of group theory is widely used in abstract
mathematics. Currently there is no module in sympy for the various
algebraic structures which come under abstract maths such as
groups,rings,vector spaces,modules and fields.
I really think all these modules should be inculcated into sympy and I
would be very much interested in doing the same as a part of Gsoc

I would really appreciate any feedback and suggestions as to how I can move
forward with this idea

Cheers...

P.S.: Patch requirement: I tried to fix this bug from the issues list and
have sent a pull request

https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/1117

Can someone please go through this and let me know if its OK... Thnx