On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Sergiu Ivanov
<unlimitedscol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Abhiram Ampabathina
> <abhiram.ampabath...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>                  Congratulations on GSOC 2012 acceptance. You asked
>> about the details of the project right? I will give the document that
>> i prepared for the project.  This document is just for the project
>> details not for the proposal. So, shall i provide you the document ? I
>> thinks that will give us a whole picture of the project. Please, reply
>> soon as the date is approaching faster.
>
> First of all, I'll explicitly make the clarification that I won't be a
> mentor for SymPy this year.  You may already know that, but I still
> feel it necessary to state this explicitly.  To get the official
> opinion, you should wait for Aaron's opinion, or the opinion of other
> members of the project.
>
> That said, I think you really should make public any of your reasoning
> on your project, so that the people interested in your idea could
> voice their opinions.
>
> Sergiu

Something like this could be part of a project on documentation (see
the ideas page).  That project would also involve improving the
documentation itself (actually, that would be a chief part of such a
project).

Personally, I think such a interactive tutorial (which is basically
what this is, as far as I can tell) should just use the existing
technologies.  In other words, instead of trying to build a GUI, you
should work with things like the Sphinx docs and SymPy Live that
already are built up.  This will also be better because it runs in the
browser, meaning that the user doesn't even have to install anything
to use it (he just visits the website, and it's there).