On Mar 13, 4:33 am, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this part of one of the ideas on the ideas list, or a new one that
> you came up with?
>
> Aaron Meurer
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Abhiram Ampabathina
>

> <abhiram.ampabath...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 11, 12:33 am, Sergiu Ivanov <unlimitedscol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Well, OK, trying this can't hurt :-)
>
> >> However, I'd like to ask Aaron to voice his final opinion on this
> >> matter.

> >> Not sure about this point: this would be useful for people who want to
> >> do some hacking, but not that useful for those who are just interested
> >> in learning how to use SymPy.  Perhaps this step could be made
> >> optional or moved nearer to the end of the sequence.

> >> Sounds not bad.

> >> Well, I *think* it might be useful :-) Again, I'd ask the principal
> >> developers to provide their opinion on this matter.

> >> Yes, sure, looking forward to seeing the updated design :-)
>
> >> Sergiu
>
> > Hello Sergiu,
> >                   I am now making some series of screen shots, how is
> > the guide gonna look(just a sample, the actual guide shall be a good
> > one after many reviews). However, i am glad that you guys are
> > considering to think about practical guide like thing is useful. I
> > would like to know whether this project can be a part of Sympys Gsoc
> > 2012. Please, let me know the feedback. Inform whatever is needed from
> > my side. Take a look at the screen shots which i will provide in a
> > while.
>
> >                                                              Regards,
>
> > Abhiram
>
> > --

Hello Aaron,
                         The idea of Sympy practical guide is not from
the ideas list. I thought it would nicer if we have documentation of
the code, test the code and also render the code (if user wants to) at
the same time and same place, so that it would be very quick to learn
Sympy. Please, let me know your opinion on this idea. I have attached
the screen shots. please, take a look at this.

First:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8pXy4LH0sF0dmRuTy1rX01SWkc1Y1NUalBvS2RWZw/edit
Second:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8pXy4LH0sF0VlhPeENDVXVUd2VDck9Kc2VBYWVEZw/edit
Third:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8pXy4LH0sF0REliUXozeUlUQUswQnNfUU5UUE5uZw/edit

And the remaining practical guide features are already discussed.

Let me know whether it is useful to Sympy or not.

                                                           Regards,

Abhiram