On Mar 11, 12:33 am, Sergiu Ivanov <unlimitedscol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Abhiram Ampabathina
>
> <abhiram.ampabath...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >                I think our both ideas should be mixed. I was thinking
> > the same way. Why not we give the Sympy console and input area also.
> > User may use any one of them, right? User shall be free to use any of
> > the testing mechanisms, the Sympy console and the input area. If they
> > do not like the input area they are gonna use Sympy Console where it
> > is right there. In that way we could use the existing Sympy console
> > and also add the things of Practical guide. Ok, lets put it in this
> > way(i mean summarize this)
>
> Well, OK, trying this can't hurt :-)
>
> However, I'd like to ask Aaron to voice his final opinion on this
> matter.
>
> >          > We shall allow users to create a account on Sympy.
> >          > And give them access to the Sympy Practical Guide first.
> >          > They shall use it any time they want.(since it is
> > available online)
> >          > They shall go through the practical guide in the manner we
> > thought of
> >                              1. Starting from code conventions to
> > different complex modules
>
> Not sure about this point: this would be useful for people who want to
> do some hacking, but not that useful for those who are just interested
> in learning how to use SymPy.  Perhaps this step could be made
> optional or moved nearer to the end of the sequence.
>
> >                              2. The guide consists of lessons like as
> > we thought of with narration and explanation.
> >                              3. Few exercises too(may skip if they
> > are strong on concepts).
> >                              4. Can try testing the code using the
> > Sympy console (or) input area(if they feel comfortable) , which
> > is                       provided right there at guide. Fantastic, the
> > users could understand , try the code and get the code at the same
> > time, same place.
> >                              5. Can also render the code which is
> > relevant to that module(so that they understand what is
> > happening).
>
> Sounds not bad.
>
> >                              Finally also providing a back-end to
> > insert new modules(If you like this only, Sergiu).
>
> Well, I *think* it might be useful :-) Again, I'd ask the principal
> developers to provide their opinion on this matter.
>
> >             How is this? Shall we proceed in this way.
> >           Mention any changes you would like. I'll mail the screen
> > shots accordingly like i mentioned above. May be you will feel good by
> > actually looking at them, rather than just talking.
>
> Yes, sure, looking forward to seeing the updated design :-)
>
> Sergiu

Hello Sergiu,
                   I am now making some series of screen shots, how is
the guide gonna look(just a sample, the actual guide shall be a good
one after many reviews). However, i am glad that you guys are
considering to think about practical guide like thing is useful. I
would like to know whether this project can be a part of Sympys Gsoc
2012. Please, let me know the feedback. Inform whatever is needed from
my side. Take a look at the screen shots which i will provide in a
while.

                                                              Regards,

Abhiram