Coming to the first point of quantum related group theory ... I was lucky
that I went through the thread and found the paper

https://groups.google.com/group/sympy/browse_thread/thread/36c44041ff0ef792

A very quick scan gave me some implementation can be done with the
matrices.(Not completely sure on the theory)(Still not dropping the idea of
quantum group representations (I need some material on it)).

Coming to the improvements in quantum module , I again went through the
Varshalovich and below are the things that I can think I can work on :

1.With reference to the covariant and contravariant co ordinates . Is there
such kind of implementation between co ordinate axis (Referring to the
first chapter).It would great if these were implemented and relation
between different types of rotation Cayley-Klein parameters and Euler
angles.

2.Moving onto Spherical Harmonics
A very quick scan gave me the following topics that can be worked on

(a) Spherical Harmonics in terms of other functions (since we have Legendre
polynomials implemented).
     Symbolic Representation in terms of derivatives.

(b)Representation of Spherical Harmonics as a Power series of Trigonometric
functions (this has several subcases ) (pg 133 - 138)

(c) Then again relationship between Spherical Harmonics and Special
Functions (Again there are few polynomials here ).

(d)Then moving on there are some integral representations (I guess again we
can use them to represent in terms of symbols , rather than computing
them , as far as i understand there can be a symbolic representation of it).

(e)Then we can implement the changes in harmonics under rotation (There is
a lot that can be done in this pg 141 - 142)

(f)Recursion Relations can be used in testing purposes.

(g)Numerical values can again be used for tests (pg 155 -157)

(h) Coefficients of in the expansion of Spherical Waves.

Coming to the topic of irreducible tensors and tensor implementation of
tensor spherical harmonics I need to get my math on this.This seems not to
be so straight forward but will make an attempt and get back to it as soon
as possible.I hope everything was answered as expected.

I hope and wish the content above would be sufficient for a project of the
magnitude of GSoC,This would be a sincere attempt to make the Quantum
module more robust.I hope a review on this (they mostly use recursive
formula and few are straight implementations). I was also going through
other open source Quantum Modules and found QuTip
http://code.google.com/p/qutip/ interesting.Can some ideas be taken from
the above module to enhance and improve the present Quantum module.A review
on this would be great.