Hi there!

There are two books about applications of Geometric Algebra to
Physics (Clifford Algebra to Geometric Calculus by Hestenes and Sobczyk and
Geometric Algebra for Physicists by Doran and Lasenby). An optimal
implementation of Physics would implement a Geometric Algebraic structure
around physical quantities.

Frankly, I think that there is a very urgent need to implement a working
tensor module enabling the usage of the Einstein summation convention. I
had a look at sympy.tensor, but it looks like that module is still far away
from working (unless I didn't figure out correctly how it works).

Yesterday evening I wrote a draft about a FourVector object and a Dirac
Spinor object. The underlying engine is based on for-loops for the
FourVector and on matrices for the Dirac Spinor.

I think that now it would be more appropriate to disregard Geometric
Algebra, for some reasons:

   - Geometric Algebra approach to Physics is not well known. Almost all
   physics books use tensor-algebra, so one would have to waste time studying
   the basics of this alternative approach to Physics.
   - Geometric Algebra is fit for usage only on the areas of Physics
   covered by those two books. If you would like to write code on non-standard
   physics, you would have to either look for (possibly inexistent) papers or
   do a research on your own on (which would be extremely difficult).
   - the Geometric Algebra approach is harder and longer to implement than
   the Tensor-based approach.

I suggest the following steps to extend the physics module:

   1. write some tensor code working with Einstein summation convention.
   2. implement objects with their transformation properties under the
   Lorentz group (possibly Poincarè too).
   3. make sure that the end-user interface is different from the internal
   engine using tensors.
   4. once this framework is finished, start thinking on how to convert a
   tensor-based engine to a GA-based engine.

By the way, what's the exact status of sympy.tensor? Is it going to work? I
can't wait for it to finish, I think I'll write my own temporary workaround
to start doing some physics.