> So would these mean starting afresh or just adding more to the present
> system. And my idea is the matrix transforms method between various co
> ordinate systems which would be applied to covariant and contravariant co
> ordinates.

This seems very well suited to be an extension to `diffgeom`. There is
a __lot__ that can be done to extend this module. Most of what you
describe is already implemented in some manner (not necessarily well),
but just extending it and fine tuning it could be enough for a
project.

> One more question can this be
> implemented as a project during summer.

I guess you mean a GSoC project. I would guess it is appropriate. It
all depends on the details in your application.

On the other hand, if you want to do it outside of GSoC, we would be
happy to help you along the way.