On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Sergey B Kirpichev
<skirpic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 02:31:57PM -0700, Aaron Meurer wrote:
>> That was one that I tried that didn't work out of the box.
>
> Why?

I think the issue was that it didn't support GitHub 2-factor
authentication. I didn't feel like implementing support for it,
especially in a way that wasn't blatantly insecure, so I tried to find
a better solution first.

>> How is it going? Do you hit the GitHub rate limit?
>
> No.
>
>> What about the Google Code one?
>
> As well.  No.
>
>> Let me know how long it takes total.
>
> But please take into the accout, that I do import only for
> limited range of issues (max ~500, I think).  But yes, it's
> slow (~several hours for our 4000+ issues).
>
>> It looks good so far, so here is a todo list:
>>
>> - Make the cookie thing work, so emails don't appear with ...
>
> It looks, like there is a cli argument.

Sure, but it's not documented. I'm not clear what exactly should be
passed to the command line for it to work.

>> - When we do the actual import, we should create a GitHub user like
>> sympy-google-code-issue-import or something, so that it is clear to
>> people that the issue was migrated.
>
> For now, it's labeled as "imported".  Do you think, that's wrong?

I don't like it. I've seen GitHub repos before with imported issues
from a repo collaborator, and it always throws me off when I see the
comment supposedly by one person, but it was really by another. c.f.
ipython and fabric (btw I wonder where the original fabric tracker
was).

>> - We need a way to link issues forward on Google Code to their
>> counterparts on GitHub, since there are a lot of links to Google Code
>> issues in the wild.
>
> +1
>
>> - Make @something not become a GitHub @mention (this is done in one of
>> the forks of that project)
>
> I think, that was done.  Mentioned above my branch has several
> commits from other forks + some from myself (e.g. milestones support).
>
>> - Replace "issue 1234" with "#4567".
>
> And #123 (gc issue) with #4567 (created gh issue) as well.
>
>> - Check for any other inconsistencies in the output.
>
> Now my fork has issues page, go ahead
> https://github.com/skirpichev/google-code-issues-migrator
>
>> - Figure out if we can mitigate the huge amount of notifications this
>> will produce.
>
> I don't think there is a way, except to disable emails
> from watching repositories.
>
>> - Figure out if we can block new issues or pull requests while this is
>> running, so that we get an unbroken range of migrated issues.
>
> Can we put GC issues to read-only mode?

I think we might be able to do it for GC, but I'm more worried about GitHub.

Aaron Meurer