Am 18.04.2015 um 01:28 schrieb Aaron Meurer:
On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 2:05 PM, James Crist <crist...@umn.edu> wrote:
I have another label question:

- `Needs better patch`: could be useful to indicate PR status to devs, but
mostly I feel that it comes off as rude to the person making the PR. I'd
like to remove it unless someone makes a strong argument to the contrary.

Do people still use this? This is leftover from Google Code when
people literally uploaded patches to issues. It and NeedsReview were
the only way to keep track of patches so they wouldn't get lost. But
now that we have the pull request queue, I feel that it's mostly
unnecessary.

I'd be using them if I GitHub allowed me to (I'm using square brackets in PR titles instead, like most others). They indicate who's next to work on the PR. "Needs better patch" triggers the PR author, "needs review" triggers reviewers (i.e. anybody except PR author). I find that quite useful.

How about adding a hook that inspects comments, and places or removes tags depending on what's in square brackets? E.g. [NeedsReview] adds the NeedsReview label, -[NeedsReview] removes it. The hook should check whether the user group has write access for these labels (not all labels should be settable or resettable by everybody).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/553215F6.4060201%40durchholz.org.