On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 4:33:30 PM UTC+5:30, AMiT Kumar wrote:

> In general solving inequality is not a big deal if we are able to
> solve the equality first. After solving the equality if just a matter
> of returning the solution in a restricted interval. So, I would
> first like to see the equality being solved then inequality would
> work for most of the cases, as inequality solvers calls solve/solveset
> internally. So we need to make sure the solveset returns the correct
> results.

I understand your point.
But I raised this issue for the same reason.

In []: solveset(sin(x), x)
Out[]: {2⋅n⋅π | n ∊ ℤ} ∪ {2⋅n⋅π + π | n ∊ ℤ}

In []: solveset(sin(x)>0, x, domain=S.Reals)
Out[]: (0, π)

In []: solveset(sin(x)<0, x, domain=S.Reals)

We are able to solve the equality but solving for the inequalities give the
wrong results.
There seems to be some issue with the solve_univariate_inequality function.
I will work on Harsh's branch and try to fix these.

---------
Kshitij

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/62011f2c-06ff-42e9-91b8-ff9282861fbb%40googlegroups.com.