On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 5:26:09 PM UTC+5:30, AMiT Kumar wrote:

> If you are planning to implement search based solver, then I would
> recommend you to work on a concrete plan soon.

I will think about some possible implementation of a search based solver.
And I would appreciate if you can share how you would like it to be
implemented.

> As It would take a
> lot of time to have a consensus from the community on something
> which has not been explored much and frankly speaking I am skeptical
> about it currently.

I totally understand that there is not much time left for the proposal
drafting period to begin.
So I will work on it and with your inputs, maybe we will find a good
methodology to implement.

> For the case you mentioned, I am not able to make much

sense from it for implementing a special case solver.

I am thinking of an overhead checker which can check solutions returned via
different solvers.
For example,
In []: solveset(sin(x), x)
Out[]: {2⋅n⋅π | n ∊ ℤ} ∪ {2⋅n⋅π + π | n ∊ ℤ}

In []: solveset((sin(x)).rewrite(exp), x)
Out[]: {n⋅π | n ∊ ℤ}

Both the results are correct and mathematically identical.
However, they are treated as being different from each other.
For this, we can implement a `union` method for ImageSet class.
Alternately, we can work up a checker which compares these solutions and
returns the optimal one.
This is one of the use-cases of a search based solver.

Though, when you would write your plan of execution, It may get more clear
> then.

I will start making a rough application draft right away to get a better
overview of things.

Thanks,
Kshitij

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/cbd7e018-6a49-4947-afc0-cdc1520eab27%40googlegroups.com.