On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 1:58:19 AM UTC+5:30, Kshitij Saraogi wrote:

> On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 12:35:27 PM UTC+5:30, AMiT Kumar wrote:
>>

>> 1. Search Based Solvers:
>>
>> This idea is currently vague, we need to figure out how exactly
>> we can develop this. It would be ambitious to develop this idea and It
>> should be
>> accompanied with lot of research. Currently an abstract is written in the
>> docs:
>>
>> https://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/doc/src/modules/solvers/solveset.rst
>>
>> I hope we must have some helpful resource for this idea.
> If not, do we need to build this from scratch ?
>

>> 2. Simplifying solutions returned from equations involving trigonometric
>> expressions:
>>
>> With the Introduction of solveset an important problem of representing
>> infinite solution
>> has been solved to some extent, but still there are some issues with
>> ImageSet Union,
>> due to which a lot of simpler results are not displayed properly. This
>> needs to be figured
>> out to get better ImageSet Union.
>>
>> In [10]: solveset(sin(x), x)
>> Out[10]: {2⋅n⋅π | n ∊ ℤ} ∪ {2⋅n⋅π + π | n ∊ ℤ}
>>
>> In [11]: solveset(sin(3*x), x)
>> Out[11]:
>>                                         ⎧        2⋅π        ⎫   ⎧
>>  2⋅π
>> {2⋅n⋅π | n ∊ ℤ} ∪ {2⋅n⋅π + π | n ∊ ℤ} ∪ ⎨2⋅n⋅π - ─── | n ∊ ℤ⎬ ∪ ⎨2⋅n⋅π +
>> ─── |
>>                                         ⎩         3         ⎭   ⎩
>> 3
>>
>>       ⎫   ⎧        π        ⎫   ⎧        π        ⎫
>>  n ∊ ℤ⎬ ∪ ⎨2⋅n⋅π - ─ | n ∊ ℤ⎬ ∪ ⎨2⋅n⋅π + ─ | n ∊ ℤ⎬
>>       ⎭   ⎩        3        ⎭   ⎩        3        ⎭
>>

>> Here is a previous approach on fixing this:
>> https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/7673
>>
>> I will look into the union of ImageSet.
> Moreover, I think there need to be some improvements to the Diophantine
> solver as it breaks for the intersection of ImageSets.
>
> 3. Implementing more Equation solvers
>>
>> A lot of thing which needs to be done is already done in old solve, like
>> the
>> solving of multivariate equation solver, you need to figure out how that
>> works
>> and how you can port those in solveset following the principles of
>> solveset.
>> https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/10008
>>
>> Okay.
> I will work on this.
>

>> 4.  Solving f(x + a) - f(x) = 0 equations: [7]
>> <https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/10426>
>>
>> This needs to figured out.
>>

> Any ideas how to do so ?

There are a lot of equations which are not solved the solveset or solve in
general, the equation you mentioned could just be one of them, It doesn't
denotes a well known type of equation which could be targeted, I would like
to know if there is a special case which you are interested in? Also If
that's
not solved by solve as well? If that's solved by solve, you can get a grasp
of
the algorithm which could be implemented in solveset.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/25bfcd6f-30cb-423c-9a76-814110f72abe%40googlegroups.com.