On 10/02/2021 00:53, Oscar Benjamin wrote:
On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 at 23:58, S.Y. Lee <sylee...@gmail.com> wrote:

And we would also arrive in questions like: If equation brings its own algebra
system, there should be an equation of equations? How should we solve them?
It's not an "algebra system": it's just a few convenience operations.
It should not be confused with allowing Equation to be used in places
where Expr is expected.

Might it be an idea to introduce functions such as AddSides, SubtractSides, etc that Mathematica has? Not only would these avoid any confusion with the normal arithmetic operations,  but I think using these functions would clarify what is going on. After all, when people do such operations by hand, they don't write (a=b)*k,or whatever, they typically write "Multiplying equation 4 by k we get..."

David