IIRC, Sync itself still has upgrade-required messaging — if we send a
200/404/513 with soft-eol or hard-eol, the device should tell the user that
they need to upgrade to continue syncing.

It might be worth flipping that to soft-eol for the pre-45 population —
which we can identify via UA — and see if they upgrade to shift that 98.13%
up a little bit.