I suspect when a browser receives a 404 error it just displays the HTML (or 
whatever) that is returned along with the error. Typically a website would 
return some kind of error message and that is how you know that something 
went wrong. However if the website chose not to return an error message (as 
in this case, where you're getting back what looks like a perfectly valid 
feed), there's really no way for you to know that anything failed.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Wuddy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:38 PM
Subject: [syndic8] Re: I don't get this


> OK, thank you Stuart. So you think the server returns the wrong HTTP
> response code? Never knew that was possible. Strange thing is, that if
> you go to the feed with your browser, all is fine.
>
>
> --- In [email protected], Stuart Whitmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I've run across quite a few of those too.  I mark them for repair
> and
>> leave a note indicating that the server is returning an improper
> HTTP
>> response code.  I think all that I've seen like this have been
>> WordPress 1.5 but I'm pretty sure that not all WordPress 1.5 feeds
> are
>> affected.


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 




Reply via email to