Yeah, I would expect a regular browser to handle it like it would any
other RSS feed, but if you use Wfetch -- one of the few software
products of Microsoft that I actually like! -- it shows the incorrect
code in the response headers, as in this example when I just tried it:

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 04:44:50 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) DAV/1.0.3 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2
mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a PHP/4.3.10 mod_ssl/2.8.19 OpenSSL/0.9.6c
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.10
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8

I hadn't actually tried it with Wfetch before, but I assumed this was
what was happening.  Anyway, following those headers it returns the
data of the feed which at first glance -- not technically analyzing it
-- looks OK, which is presumably why Syndic8 is able to get the
headlines and such.

--
Stuart Whitmore
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.just-stuart.com/

On 10/5/05, Wuddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, thank you Stuart. So you think the server returns the wrong HTTP
> response code? Never knew that was possible. Strange thing is, that if
> you go to the feed with your browser, all is fine.


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 




Reply via email to