The key thing to consider is whether your site visitors will understand what they're looking at. If all I saw was an XML button, an RSS button, and a MyMSN button (??), all on the same page, I wouldn't really know what to do. There wouldn't be a meaningful difference to me, especially between the XML and RSS button. Compare that, for example, to having an XML button, a "+ My Yahoo!" button (which I'm guessing has a similar function to the MyMSN button), and a Syndic8 button, such as here:
http://www.johnny-pixel.com/photo_video_news.php In that case, all of those buttons imply different things, i.e., different functionality. If you want to have the same functionality but different topics, you could repeat the same button with explanatory text, such as here: http://www.komotv.com/rss/explain.asp If you wanted multiple functionality and multiple topics, you could include another set of buttons for the other functionality. For example, imagine that KOMO page with a column of "+ My Yahoo!" buttons next to the column of XML buttons. Hope this helps, -- Stuart Whitmore [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.just-stuart.com/ On 7/1/06, Susie Devitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I wonder if I may ask what could well be a silly questions. I want to > put many RSS buttons on my website, e.g. one for art, one for books, > and so on. Should all my buttons be identical (in design) or can I use > a variety of buttons???? Can I use an RSS button alongside an XML > button alongside a MyMSN button for example. > Thank you in advance. > Susie. > > > > > > > > > > If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) > > To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: > http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join > (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) > > To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
