> On 7/1/06, Susie Devitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I wonder if I may ask what could well be a silly questions. I want to
> > put many RSS buttons on my website, e.g. one for art, one for books,
> > and so on. Should all my buttons be identical (in design) or can I use
> > a variety of buttons???? Can I use an RSS button alongside an XML
> > button alongside a MyMSN button for example.
> > Thank you in advance.
> > Susie.

Hi,

My nickname's Susie too. While you were putting up chicklets, so was I - well, 
to be 
precise, badges. I found the xml/rss badge confusing too, because I have badges 
to verify 
the XHTML and CSS when clicked on, and RSS buttons can be set to do that too. 
What I 
finally decided on was to put a "title" on the badge a, which says "Syndicate 
this Site", so 
that the person should know that it's not for verifying the RSS. I also added 
Google, MSN, 
and Yahoo. I think people who have these accounts will know what that is. 

I'm thinking that until now I never had any idea what RSS or XML buttons did 
when I saw 
them out surfing websites, so I ignored them. Now that I'm using it myself I 
would respond 
to the RSS-XML badge I put on my site, especially tagged with the title, which 
is actually 
what has been generated for 2 years automatically in my iBlog.

Just an idea. You can check out what I did here:

http://homepage.mac.com/caroledanforth/tomcruise/

Carole











------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Something is new at Yahoo! Groups.  Check out the enhanced email design.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to