2012/5/13 Carlos Lopez Gonzalez <carloslopezgonza...@yahoo.es>:
> Hi!
> here are my thoughts:
> Duck: this name caused troubles from the first day and it should be fit in
> some way. Control point is ok. Perhaps for BLines's vertices it is perfect
> but for other kind of parameters it is not full perfect. What about
> "Handle"?. It is just a suggestion because I like Control point.

I like "control point" too.

> Curves panel: I'm unsure about this. Graphs panel is the most liked by me.

Yes, my vote is for Graphs panel too.
"Parameter-Animation-Curves", or just "Parameter Curves" - looks too
complex and... there is "curves".

> BLine: I prefer Curve. The "Create curve gradient BLine" is wrong. It should
> be "Create curved Gradient Layer". There are some mistakes on the English
> version of the BLine tool. But on the other hand "Path tool" sounds better
> than "Curve tool" :-/

I don't like path, because it have double meaning when you deal with
animation. "Path" can be treated as trajectory - this is not good.

> -Encapsulate → Group half OK, though I did like the capsule analogy… it
> illustrates well to me the fact that each capsule isolates its content from
> the rest, more than the generic "group" word.

Yes, it illustrates. But the "encapsulate" is less intuitive for most users.

> Groups & Encapsulate: I like both like they are now. I think that the
> problem is that all that slang of Paste Canvas Layer, inline canvas etc,
> confuses newbies from the first day.

The thing is that we started to talk about terminology is because of
our conversation with Timothée after his talk. We were discussing
details and I have noticed that most of the time he says "Group"
instead of "Encapsulate". I've pointed that this could be confusing.
Also I remebered other people that use such term in casual talk.
That's how this "terminology rethinking" theme have been brought up.

> The simple logic would tell the newbie
> that "Encapsulate" produces a "Capsule" and now a weird "Paste Canvas
> layer". If we go to Group by encapsulate and Set by Groups, we need to
> change the metaphor of the icon of the Group, Add to Group and Remove from
> Group.

I don't see problem - the current group icons fit  well with"sets"
terminology as well.

> Also the capsule icon for the Paste Canvas layer and the Encapsulate
> action icon should be changed to something different (perhaps go back to the
> old brown paste canvas folder icon.

Yes. And in fact I like the "old brown" icon better, because it looks
more intuitive (from my point of view).

> Also it might be needed to change Paste
> Canvas layer to Group layer. That would make more sense.

Agree.

> I would like to add one new one:
> CPoint (formerly Color Point) should be changed to Color stop as in all
> applications.

Yes, we should add this to the list.

K.

http://morevnaproject.org/