Actually I change my mind too, I do agree with Konstantin.
Also I don't know in other (proprietary) softwares, but at least in Krita,
layer groups act exactly the same
(meaning a filter layer has effect only on layers below in the group, same
for alpha lock etc… )
so it is consistent to call them groups in my point of view.

So my final choices are:

-"Encapsulate" : "Group"

-"Group": "Set"

-"Bline": "Spline" (but I agree that Bline did the job, just it's not a
"real word" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B_Line) )

True the changes must be done quick and all-at-the-same time.
Also a big warning notice on the website frontpage, the forums, etc… to
warn everyone.

Konstantin's plan sounds good. I can take a part of the doc to fix.
Konstantin, can you organize this (count how much people are doing it, then
split the work and assign it to each person…)?

I'll probably be more available on June, but July could work too for me.

Tim