I recommend that you drop message stream modification if my analysis

[At this point, we're still figuring out what we want to say.
I'm speaking as an individual not an AD.]

of the charter is a correct analysis and we meant for that to apply to
syslog-sign.

I recommend you split out peer entity authentication as a separate
service from integrity.  And point out that by integrity, you mean
that the sender knows that the data is not modified between the sender
and the receiver; by peer entity authentication in this case we want
to focus on whether the receiver knows who its peer is.  So, perhaps
we should cll that sender authentication.