> I don't know what the answer to this question is (my gut feeling is it
should count), but I must object to Ed's analogy >below.  Hardly the same
thing -- the original question refers to the same school, just before it had
the league >categorization, while the response is two different schools
(which obviously circumvents the league aspect of the >question).

My analogy was that an athlete should have the same relationship to his
school in terms of setting a record as a school should have to the league.
Anything the athlete does before or after joining a school will not be
considered for that school's record (even if he attended no school before
that), just as anything a school does before or after joining a league
should be considered for that league's record.

- Ed PArrot