2010/1/20 David Earl <da...@frankieandshadow.com>

> I still think the most important criterion is what the owner of the
> establishment says it is, not on the subjective judgement of the surveyor.

+1, might work well in English-speaking countries (and where it applies,
sometimes establishments have just a name "zum goldenen Hirsch" and no
category in it), all the rest still will have to be evaluated - but I agree:
if a bar in Italy is calling themself "bar", I would tag it as amenity=bar.

btw.: there are also night-clubs and lounges, and there is some overlapping
in the definitions. Also for these the "self-classification" will mostly
help.

cheers,
Martin