On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> This is tagging the way, but at the node references.
>
> I let this go a couple of days to see if anyone would find any
> problems with doing this.

It is one option for tagging width, but users would then still need to
make some assumption about the direction in which width is measured
(probably the bisection of the angle between previous/following nodes)
and interpolate between nodes (probably linearly).

It's also (at first glance) a very big change to the OSM data model.
There may be other problems, but that's the main one I can think of.