> 2013/9/6 fly <lowfligh...@googlemail.com
> <mailto:lowfligh...@googlemail.com>>
>
>     -1
>
>     Can't we use a different key like education or training and then use
>     subkeys ?
>
>     I do not like to find a new amenity=* for each kind of educational
>     service or training.
>

> What would be the benefit? If I'm looking for a language school I am not
> interested in finding also dancing schools or driving schools or diving
> schools, or chess training or basketball training. They also do have
> almost nothing in common. We don't follow this approach for most other
> tags neither (e.g. highway=road, road=primary or amenity=shop,
> shop=grocery). This subtagging idea comes up from time to time, but
> there is really not much benefit IMHO if the objects are completely
> different. Subtags should be used to distinguish similar features, e.g.
> for which language they offer courses, but "training" is really too
> generic to give any reasonable results if standing alone.

Major advantage is the structure. It is easy to have more many keys than
kind of stuff under only a handful major keys. Especially amenity=* is
still crowded.

* it would be possible to have a default icon for education which is not
possible with the mix under amenity
* it makes it easier to document and design presets as we do not have to
create a structure there as we already have defined one with the major tag.

You are right that training is too generic but there is no difference in
search if you either search for "amenity=*" or "education=*".

cu

fly