Well, since I'm able to communicate in Esperanto, albeit not fluently
anymore, I would definitely like to keep name:eo, probably interlingua and
those as well.

I'm not expecting an invasion of Klingons or Elven, so those don't seem all
that useful.

Roman, you mean Latin? It existed, people communicated using it, and I know
the name of my city and a few others in Latin (thank you Asterix), so that
one makes sense too, I'd say. Don't know about Sumerian or Egyptian
hieroglyphs...

There are also transliterations between alphabets. Those depend on how the
person doing the transliteration thinks the name should be pronounced and
even if people agree on how to pronounce the name, they might still
transliterate differently because they use those characters for different
sounds in their own language.

I have been considering to add IPA to the street names of Brussels... No
matter which voice language I choose in OSMAND, part of the name will
always be pronounced wrong.

It even almost gets funny in the case of "Rue Conscience -
Consciencestraat". That should always be pronounced the French way, never
the English way, but alas.

Polyglot