Hi Simon.

Do you have a link? The Municipality I live in has sensible names in WD
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q3240427

Does it matter to us in OSM if it "has the name"? I'm thinking that we
outsource all the naming to WD to deal with and fight over.
In OSM we could instead concentrate on e.g. what language codes to display on
osm.org e.g. name_osm=sv for a city with dominant Swedish population and
name_osm=se for a town/city where most are Sami.
In the case of double naming on the ground we could have something like:
name_osm= code1 / code2
Where code1 is the e.g. the Welsh and code2 is the English name.

The idea in these cases is the we get rid of all other name tags that can be
stored and curated better in WD.