Honestly I don't think it makes sense for OSM to have names at all on objects
which has a Wikidata reference. We are just too small a community to keep this
updated and it has little value to duplicate to the efforts made by others.
If any names I suggest we have a bot autoupdating all name tags according to
the values in Wikidata. If there is no Wikidata item it should be found/created.
It really is'nt hard to populate a map with geographical data from OSM and
query the names the user wants to see from WD.
This offloads a huge burden as I see it.
All our tools that currently invites our users to include a name could be
adapted so that the user is aware that OSM is about geodata and names are for
WD and best stored/updated there.
If we allow a name to be set only when no qid we avoid the bulk of these
problems.
When a qid is set a bot could remove all names for languages already present in
WD.