On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 2:53 PM Janko Mihelić <jan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> čet, 15. ruj 2022. 19:57 Peter Elderson <pelder...@gmail.com> je napisao:
>
>> I know, but the scale does not indicate specific things you encounter,
>> just that somewhere along the way you will be challenged.
>>

> That isn't true. If you tag a relation with sac_scale, then it is as you
> say. But if you tag a way with sac_scale, then this says "this sac_scale is
> exactly here, along this whole way".

Or at least "you can't hike this section if you're not up to handling this
sac_scale."  I don't usually bother breaking up a way by scale if there are
no intersections or PoI's along it.  There may be flat spots in among the
scrambles, and I generally don't bother trying to distinguish them.

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin