Am Fr., 16. Sept. 2022 um 00:24 Uhr schrieb Kevin Kenny
<kevin.b.ke...@gmail.com>:

> yeah, looks like a YDS class 2, or `sac_scale=hiking`.  Maybe
> `mountain_hiking` if that talus is unstable, because then you start to need
> some technique. I know some runners who would do that barefoot, but I think
> they're nuts.

>From the looks of it, the person on the photo is heading straight up.
No trail is visible, that she might be following along, just bare
scree. Hands not needed here. Mappers that read
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:sac_scale will most certainly
set "demanding_mountain_hiking", alone from the similarity of the
scene and the sample illustration there. Only the Wiki pictures for
the *alpine*hiking grades show scrambling.

If sac_scale gets applied so wrong, does that mean, it is too complicated?

> Do we need `sac_scale=no` for `paved path in a city park`?

No, we need a base, that allows to shrink the "path" space, so
reasonable expectations can be held, without reading small-print.