Am Di., 4. Okt. 2022 um 11:08 Uhr schrieb Davidoskky via Tagging <
tagging@openstreetmap.org>:

> > I wouldn't call this a "drinking fountain," since I understand that term
> to mean the water flows upwards
> >   COULD drink from it, if I were to cup my hands and bring them to my
> lips, even as that is inefficient, if I were really thirsty, I could do it.
> In my country, and most countries I visited, fountains providing
> drinking water with the specific purpose of letting people drink have a
> downward flow.

I can confirm this from my experience, I have been mapping thousands of
drinking fountains in the past 14 years, and only 3 or 4 of those found
outside had an upward flow. This refers to Italy (lots of drinking
fountains) and Germany (drinking fountains are quite rare), and also
(limited experience) to France.

You don't have to drink from your hands, you can bow and drink with your
mouth if you don't have a glass or bottle.

Cheers,
Martin